Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mini Assignment #5

I watched the video, looked at the line up and choose the person I thought looked most like the bomber. When I entered his number and the results came back, I was surprised at how shocked, betrayed and set up I felt. Those were my initial feelings. Then I reflected on how I had indeed chose the wrong person, as none of the gentlemen were the guilty party. I think it is extremely important to point out to the person looking at the line up, that these are suspects, the guilty person may or may not be among them. The video we watched did not lead us in that direction. It led us to believe that the bomber was one of the men in the lineup.
I am shocked and ashamed at my naming him as the person. What if that had been a real life experience? I believe from this exercise, I will defiantly be more aware of how faulty a person's memory might be. Hopefully when a crime is involved, they look at more than just the line up, they look for additional information to confirm the guilt. I think this exercise will stay in my memory for many years to come.