Sunday, July 24, 2011

mini assignment 7

What type of elder do I want to be. I hope to be like my grandfather who at the age of 94 just passed. He was happy, kind, motivated, still worked his garden played scrabble every weekend and loved the outdoors. I share allot of those characteristics plus the love of taking my grandchild to the park, talking long walks, water skiing and hiking. I hope to remain as active then as I am now.

When people ask me how old I am I honestly think about it. Not that I don’t know but I learned years ago that age is just a number your ability to stay young comes from your attitude. I don’t feel mid 40, don’t act mid 40 and hope to keep feeling this way as I age gracefully I may add.

I want my children and grandchildren to get excited about visiting and the crazy things we may continue to do. The adventures we will do as we continue to travel around. Life is short and I intend on living it to the fullest of my ability.