Saturday, June 4, 2011

About me!

I have lived in Tok Alaska all of my life. I live in a small log cabin on five acres with a gorgeous view of the mountains! I have five children ranging in ages 7 to 21. Three children are still at home with me. My oldest son is currently a US Marine and my oldest daughter is a psychology major on campus in Fairbanks. My three youngest are hockey players and so we spend a lot of time at the rink in the winter and during the summer we like to camp and fish. The first week in July we will be floating the Yukon River from Eagle to Circle. We are excited about that upcoming adventure!

I am currently a senior perusing a BA in Social Work. My college career has spanned ten years! I spent a lot of years taking courses that I was interested in, but which did not apply to any specific degree. I finally set my sights on social work and hope to eventually work with women who have been mistreated and abused within closed polygynous communities as well advocate for the decriminalization of polygyny or polygamy in general. I feel that federal and state government has no place regulating consenting adult relationships. Special privilege and protection has been given to heterosexual, monogamous relationships for far too long in our country.

In the meantime, I enjoy raising my children within the peace and serenity of a small town, studying for a change in career, and working in my little office with students like me who are reaching to fulfill their educational goals!

I am looking forward to reading more from all of you!