Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mini Assignment ~ Chapter 1

You have asked us to speak to five different people and ask the the question, "What is psychology?" Here are the answers I received, in there words:
  1. Oh, an interesting one. Not sure, somebody who is suppose to be a natural person to help someone, individuals, or families.
  2. Study of the mind. Psych is mind.
  3. Crazy people. Dealing with the mind. Why else would you want to get into someone else's mind, trying to help see if they are crazy or coherent.
  4. We'll, a study of human behavior. When someone needs help to carry on they see a psychologist. Your mind is just as important as your body.
  5. Study of other people. I don't really know what the meaning is.

I enjoyed doing the questionnaire and seeing how people responded. Each one was so different. Three of them asked if there answer was correct. I told them there was no right or wrong answer, I just wanted to know what the word meant to them. The question seemed to open up the door for some of them to share personal experiences, good and bad about the mind, mental illness and different members of there families. Each one was very supportive of my schooling and seemed pleased to be able to help with the question. I found it to be a fun experience.