Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mini Assignment 2

I do believe that a healthy brain can be "trained" to be happy; although, I believe content is a more precise word. If a person ran around "happy" all of the time we may give people the impression that we are drunks or high on something other than life!

I find that I can be content in most activities. I derive contentment from completing a task, working in my yard, reading an excellent book or watching a good movie. I find that the greatest joy in life comes from spending time with my kids in whatever activity we happen to be participating in.

Training your mind to be content may come from meditation, but more often contentment and joy comes from understanding that life is not always easy or exciting... contentment comes from understanding that we have to take time to enjoy life and all of it's ups and downs. We have to battle monotony and keep our minds and bodies active and be thankful for life and every experience that is given to us.